Success of our Scholars
Our former Scholars are very successful. Eighty-nine percent enrolled directly in graduate programs and 78% in PhD programs. Of those that enrolled in PhD programs, 90% have already received their PhD or are on track to do so. Those who received their PhD took on average 6.4 years to complete the degree, well below the national average of 6.9 years in the life sciences and 7.8 years for underrepresented minority PhD candidates in the life sciences.
Application, Acceptance, and Completion:
- 89% (34/38) applied to graduate programs.
- 100% (34/34) of those who applied were accepted into a graduate program.
- 100% (34/34) of those who were accepted earned a graduate degree or are on track to do so.
- 79% (30/38) applied to PhD programs.
- 97% (29/30) of those who applied were accepted into a PhD program
- 90% (27/29) of those who were accepted earned their PhD or are on track to do so.
Years to Complete the PhD Degree:
- 6.4 - Our PREP Scholars
- 6.9 - National Average in Life Sciences
- 7.4 - National Average for Underrepresented Minority PhD Candidates in Life Sciences
10-Year PhD Completion Rate:
- 80% - Our PREP Scholars
- 63% - National Average in Life Sciences
- 54% - National Average for Underrepresented Minority PhD Candidates in Life Sciences